Us

Us

Monday, July 15, 2013

The Plantain Scorpion

Everyday we have a 30 min reading time, and the summer is no different. All the children were busy getting their books when I heard Gus-Gus screaming that he had been burnt. As I rounded the corner ,to see what had burnt him, he ran right past me. He just kept running the circle in our house, through the living room, dining room, kitchen, hall....over and over again. I just kept chasing him around and around the house. As I looked behind me, I seen all of the children were following suit behind.  I caught him and we all stopped. Mary had found what "burnt" him.....it was a scorpion! I darted into the room where the reading books are. There he (has to be a he) was striking his tail at anything that moved. "Not for long", I said. Smash. Just then a remembered that we had a pesky plant in the yard that draws out poison....Plantain! I grabbed a few leaves and chewing them as I ran back into the house. I kept thinking, "this gross tasting stuff better be worth it". I could hear poor Gus-Gus howling in pain (if he is even saying ouch you know it's going to be a hospital trip). I put the green glop on his sting and in less that a minute he was ready to get up and play! I was blown away. Isnt it amazing how God created the scorpion, but he also created something to heal the sting. So, if you see me chewing my cud, you know there must be a boo-boo near by.
I included pictures of the smashed scorpion and a poor plantain......normally our plantain is knee high, but hubby mowed the yard....yay!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great blog!! What part of the plantain do I chew?! That's good to know! & I love the comment about chewing your cud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You chew the leaves and put the chewed up slime on the sting, bug bite, etc.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear Gus Gus is better. I didn't know about the plantains helping bites and stings. I am not a fan of those creatures but God put them on this Earth for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading it is even better than hearing you tell it! So glad the yucky stuff worked!

    ReplyDelete