* 40-50 pears (chopped)
* 1 cup water
* 2 tsp lemon juice or citric acid
* sugar to taste (optional)
* cinnamon to taste (optional)
- put pears and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer for about
-Add lemon juice or citric acid, sugar and cinnamon ( if using). Simmer for about another 50 minutes without the lid.
- you can either refridgerate your pear sauce or water bath can them.
WATER BATH CANNING
- use pint or quart jars. sterilize your jars and prepare the lids.
-add pear sauce to jars. wipe rims clean and screw canning lids on jars.
- put jars in boiling water bath. process 20 mins for pints and 25 mins for quarts.