Us

Us

Monday, September 16, 2013

Above the Rubies Part 2

I'm home from the retreat and I couldn't be happier. I missed my family so much, it was almost unbearable. What really helped me cope, with my longing, was the three babies that came with us on the trip. When I got a chance to hold one of the babies, I would hug them close and sniff their sweet smell. I almost felt like I was cuddling Little Young. I had a great time, but the lack of sleep and sitting for such long periods was exhausting.

I had no idea that we would be sitting so long.....and I am not use to sitting! On Saturday, we sat for about 8 hours. That does not include Friday or Sunday. I enjoyed hearing Nancy Campbell speak, she had a lot of good information. But, I was really looking
Nancy Campbell
forward to the fellowship with other "like minded" mothers and there was barely any time. All of the sessions were going over the time allowance, so most of the fellowship time was cut out. If I were to go to another retreat, it would have to be a short, one day retreat.

Buck did great with the children......he even cleaned the fridge.....go hubby! Everyone was so excited  to see me when I got home and of course I was on cloud 9. I couldn't stop hugging everyone. When I went to bed, I was so exhausted that I was falling asleep while Buck was talking. And I didn' t get up until 7am.

Elsie's favorite part was kayaking (im sure this is spelled wrong) with her new friends. And mine was hearing a testimony from a lady with 12 children. She looked like she was 25 (she was 46), so it was a huge surprise to everyone. She had great advice and had the joy of the Lord and trusted His will, even after two Downs Syndrome babies....she was a real inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment