Us

Us

Thursday, October 17, 2013

How do you stay so thin?!?

I get asked this question frequently. I don't personally think I am that thin....anymore. I wouldn't consider myself overweight, but I would like to fit back into some of my clothes that I haven't been able to wear since 2009. I don't know what it was about #6, but after Snail, I never went back down to a size 4. I know, I know, some of you are shaking your fist
This says thin in 30, but that's if you do the extra ab DVD too
at me. But, I have a small frame and I have....sorry "had" been a size 4 since high school. Normally, I tell the curious strangers, that is genetics. Anyway, the point of this post is to share my favorite workout. I have done quite a number including Tae Bo, a few from Denise Austin, Pregnancy Yoga (i know there is a couple more) So, my fav is (Drum roll please) ..... The Firm Express!

I started the Firm Express right before I got pregnant with Little Young. And I continued until I was 32 wks. I would have been able to continue, but I got a cold, stopped exercising to save energy and I couldn't hang after that. Buck did the workout with me too. I started back at about 2 months postpartum and then gave up, because Buck didn't want to do it anymore. But, I've changed things up and started doing the Firm Express in the morning (I previously did it at night so hubby could be there). I have to say, I love it in the morning! The house is cooler and I'm refreshed and ready for the day.

Okay, what makes is workout better than others? Several reasons, first, there are 17 dvds...and you have to do them all in one day......just kidding! Don't stop reading ....I'm just kidding (there really is 17 dvds though).....Okay, There are 3 dvds you use per week. There
H

is one of each  Cardio, Sculpt, and Cardio&Sculpt. You do one Monday, one Wednesday, and one Friday (you could switch days of need be). So, there are 4 instructors, with their own set of dvds.....you can't get bored! I like some better than others, but they are all great. Buck had funny names for each of them...lol. Second reason, Each DVD is only 20 minutes long. Everyone can devote 20 minutes, 3x a week to exercise! Third, the 17th DVD is for abs. After 7 children I have split tummy muscles and shouldn't do an intense ab workout. Plus, when I was preggers, I didn't have to sit out half the workout because of the ab sections. But, don't worry, there is plenty of core and ab workout in the dvds. Lastly, there is always someone working out with the main instructor doing an easier version (for beginners our preggos).

If you homeschool your children or don't have a manual laboring job, you should exercise. I'm not saying "you have to buy these dvds", but make it a priority to give your body a workout...even if you are just walking. And don't give me the excuse "but I have kids". Grab a stroller and get out there. When I exercise, I have several little ones copy catting (that's a word right?). Just to tell you, when I started exercising, about 2 wks ago, I thought I was going to die (now you really want to buy the dvds huh?). The first set are the easiest and I was still having  a hard time keeping up. I kept thinking, "I did these pregnant...big pregnant!" But starting week 2, felt sooooo much better.

If you have questions, send me a comment.

When I get time, I'll post about the new "healthier eating plan" I'm starting!



2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have these that way I can exercise at the gym and at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you keep an eye on eBay, you'll find a good price :)

    ReplyDelete