Us

Us

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Hunger Games book review

I read all three books in the trilogy, over the past couple months.....Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay, all by Suzanne Collins. The books take place in the nation Panem (was United States). After a war against  the capitol, there are 12 districts  left. Each year the capitol has the "Hunger Games", where each district is required to send 1 boy and 1 girl (by a lottery drawing) to fight to the death, until there is one victor. The games are to remind the districts of the war. Katniss, is one of the main characters who is struggling to provide for her family , post-apocalyptic, after her father's death. Her sister is chosen, in the drawing, for a tribute to the Hunger Games and  Katniss voluntarily takes her place. So, now she has to try her best to win the games, so she can come back and try to save her family from starvation. BUT, there's a twist (of course) the boy selected from her district, Petta, and Katniss grow closer together than friends, and there can be only one winner in the games!

All I have to say is.....don't sit down to read these unless you have a lot of extra time OR your better at putting a book down than I am. I can honestly say that I didn't do any extra housework while I was reading these books. So, I took a long break in between books. And this trilogy isn't something I would normally read. I'm a nonfiction (mostly biographies), religious, or DIY kind of girl. If it isn't something that really took place or I can use in my daily life.....I don't read it. But, these books were an exception......LOVED THEM.

There is a movie for Hunger Games. And Catching Fire should be released next month! On Hunger Games they stuck closely with the book, which is awesome.

Leave a comment, of you have read any of the books and let me know what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment