Us

Us

Monday, December 16, 2013

Cookie bake

We have a cookie bake every year that normal consists of my MIL (it's at her house), my SOL, Elsie, and myself. Sometimes my SIL'S sister comes or even my mom :) But usually it's just the 4 of us. And Mary will join the baking crew when she is either 9 or 10 (Elsie was 9).....for Mary it can't come soon enough...lol.

The annual cookie bake was this past Saturday. We started at 10am and left my mother in laws at 8pm. It was rainy and cold outside, but you would have never known. The kitchen was toasty and cheerful ask day. As usual, it was a wonderful day and we all left with a ton of cookies to share with others.




My mother in law made Cherry Bon-bons cookies, pecan maple cookies, and choc peppermint fudge. My sister in law made pumpkin cookies, Cadbury egg cookies, and choc
Elsie and her Bon-bons
oatmeal cookies. Elsie made divinity, almond bon-bon cookies, pumpkin fudge, and peanut butter fudge. And I made choc mint cookies, choc oat cookies, and a white choc cluster candy (we call them Raymond's favorite cookies, because my brother likes them so much)

I wasn't sure how the smells would bother me, since I have been having so much trouble this pregnancy. But I was fine and had a great day. I normally bake 6-7 different recipes every year at the cookie bake, but this year I down sized. I'm so glad I did, because I was wiped at the end of the day.

If anyone wants any of the cookie recipes, let me know and I'll post them....I may post a few anyway in a couple days.


SIL with her huge spatula!

All our hard work
Me looking over worked...lol

Elsie and her Bon-bons


The cookie crew
SIL, ME, ELSIE, MIL



No comments:

Post a Comment