|Elsie and snowy|
|William's Female call duck|
|Elsie's winner 2013|
We have 5 steps in bathing the chickens/ducks....
1) First tub of water is regular Dawn dish soap
2) Next tub is an apple cider vinegar rinse.....helps to make them shine
3) Final Rinse
4) Blow dry....you can skip this if it is nice and warm outside
5) Apply petroleum to the birds feet and comb
- wash your hard feather chickens/ducks a couple days before the show, so they can start getting some of their naturals oils back in their feathers
- when blow drying, make sure it isn't too hot
- always wash and blow dry in the natural direction of your birds feathers
- don't drown your bird....lol
This year we are bringing 3 call ducks and 3 standard size chickens. Last year, Elsie and I both won in our class and we are all excited to see what this year holds. The poultry show provides a chicken dinner for all those that show birds (I know it's funny, but they do chicken every year :) and we will be spending one night at a hotel....both of those things are far more exciting to some of the children that the actual show. Hopefully we don't come home with any extra chickens or Buck may try to eat them....lol. (they have a ton of birds for sale there).
Pardon any misspelling or things that just don't make sense :P I'm being quick, so I can get to packing :)