Us

Us

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Thirsties Cloth Diaper Review....MY FAVORITE!!!

These have been my favorite diapers. I own several of the pocket style and a couple of the AIOs, this review is for these styles.




THIRSTIES POCKET-  The pockets that own come in 2 sizes (awesome feature), but with a very recent change they no longer do. The diaper comes with 2 inserts that snap together, one is microfiber and one is hemp. These also have the best "double gussets". Even though they have a sz 1 &2, they also have the snap down rise to get an even more customize fit.....a lot of the other brand sized diapers do not have the snap down rise.  Available in both aplix and snap. This diaper has something that none of the other pockets I own have.....an opening in the front and back of the diaper to stuff the inserts....so you don't have to touch poo :)


My first Thirsties diaper...still usable
PROS:
-aplix wears well


- nice fit
- cute prints
- best double gussets
- very absorbent with both inserts
- inserts snap together for easier "stuffing"
- easy to obtain
-opening in front and back to stuff inserts
- very trim

CONS:
- you have to "stuff" them
- not all natural (some microfiber)


THIRSTIES AIO- Comes in 2 sizes (1 & 2),  has a snap down rise, and microfiber sewn in soaker....making it an AIO. The AIO does NOT have double gussets like the pocket.

PROS:
AIO
- No stuffing...AIO
-aplix wears well


- nice fit
- cute prints
- very trim

CONS:
- not as absorbent as the pocket
- no double gussets
- not all natural
- run smaller than the pocket

This is hands down my fav diaper company. I have never had a leak in the Thirsties pocket....even huge BMs. They wash well and don't hold stink. They are the first diapers I grab for after wash day (unless I'm in a huge hurry and don't have time to stuff). They also rinse very easily after a poopy diaper. Now, the Thirsties AIOs aren't as high on my list. When I purchased them I thought they had the double gussets. I have had leaks in them as Little Young had gotten older. And he outgrew it right before we started potty training. I would buy a ton of Thirsties pockets if I was just starting out, but not a lot of the AIOs. With the recent change I believe both these styles are "one size"....I have yet to try them. But, the Thirsties covers still come in different sizes.

** I have bought several Thirsties diapers for the new baby including some pockets in a sz 1 and some covers. The covers you use with prefolds, flats, or fitteds. I can't wait to try them!!!


awesome double gusset



inside of pocket


outside of snap pocket
inserts un-snapped

on Little Young

No comments:

Post a Comment