Us

Us

Thursday, June 26, 2014

What's in Your Hospital Bag?!?!

Well, over the years I have simplified my hospital bag ,but everyone's will vary quite a bit. My bag isn't huge, so I just bring what I need for about 1-2 days.


FOR YOU
~ Nightgown or 2 piece pj set for me (makes for much better pics than the hospital gown)
~ Going home outfit for me
~ 2 nursing bras
~ panties
~ socks
~ flip flops (they are easy to get on and off while getting in and out of the bed. I always buy a new pair to go in my bag and then I can use them afterward)
~ hair clips and pony holders
~ hair brush
~ face wash/ moisturizer
~ shampoo, cond, soap, razor
~ deodorant
~toothbrush/ paste ( I buy a new brush and put it in the bag and after birth swap out my old one)
~ chap stick
~ lip gloss and any other light makeup you may want
~ contact solution and case
~ sanitary pads ( the hospital provides them, but sometimes they don't work that great)
MY NURSING STASH:
~ nursing pads ( I recommend the "Lansinoh" brand, they don't stick to sore breasts or fuzz everywhere)
~ nipple cream
~ nursing cover-up


FOR BABY
~ 2 outfits for baby ( 1 for going home and 1 extra)
~ socks
~ 2 burp clothes
~ hat (or bonnet!)
~ 2 light blankets (I use Muslin blankets)
~ baby book
~ soap for first bath (hospital proves this, but we like our own)
~ lotion or cream (overdue babies are very dry)


Ok, and I have a small list of things that need to be grabbed on the way out the door...
~glasses
~contacts
~ pillow ( I like my own and I need it for while laboring in the car)
~ cell phone and charger




We have about a week and a half until my due date and I just completed the bag.....not everyone should wait this long...I'm just a slacker.  Hopefully the bag doesn't sit too long un-used :)

No comments:

Post a Comment