Us

Us

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My thrill of Six Flags: By Elsie

I recently went to Six Flags with my good friend. :) We had such a blast and I'd like to share our good times! 


It all started when my friend, (we will call her DLF) asked me to go to Six Flags with her. My dad said it wasn't a good idea to go alone without him, so my DLF and her family kindly provided 2 "get in for $9.99 tickets". We have literally been planning this since May, and we were going in August. 

Finally, the day came and after driving my friend CRAZY about going, we went. Traffic was fair, until we entered where I-85 turned down to two lanesAll I could pray as for the traffic to pick up so we could make it on time. And it did. The lanes came back up to 4 and we rolled there nicely. We stopped at a Wendy's to wait for DLF and her family, since we got there about 45 minutes early. ;) Dad likes to be on time. And rather be much earlier than later. 

 Dad and I had some burritos while we waited, and then dad fooled around with the GPS in the car, trying to figure a faster route home. The Wendy's was just like 2 blocks from Six Flags, and I must say it was very clean, the bathrooms, excellent except for being a little small. In a quick amount of time, DLF arrived and we got ready to head on over to Six Flags. 

 We parked in the middle of the parking lot, and walked where a "tram" would pick you up and take you to the park. From the park entrance to the parking lot of where WE were located, it was about... I'd say 1/4 of a mile. After signing in and entering into the park, I was ready for some rides. One roller coaster seemed a little daring for me and I decided that one wasn't a "first time trip one". I don't remember what it was called, but DLF said sometimes it gets stuck at the top and it takes about half an hour to get down. :O

ACROPHOBIA
The first one we tried was the "Acrophobia". The line wait was about half an hour I think. The Acrophobia takes you up 20 stories, and then drops you at (I believe) 62 miles an hour straight down. Now, this one is probably the scariest in the park.That's not including roller coasters though. We finally got to go and I buckled myself in and breathed deeply. DLF tried calming me, but I was beyond that. "I don't know..." I hesitated. 'No...I don't wanna go." But I couldn't look like a sissy in front of my friend, so I bravely let them harness me in. Dad took a picture, and up we went. The horror of going up that high and being dropped, polluted my mind. When we were at the top, the worst part was the workers would lean your seat out some, so you were looking almost straight down. I shut my eyes and could feel the ride slowly turning to let you see the view. The girl next to me was laughing, and DLF was telling me to open my eyes. "Shutting them makes it worse," I heard her say. "No it doesn't!" Is all this half 14 year old could say. I heard the workers on the microphone saying, "we are going down in 15,14,13." I clenched my harness...and that's when the people said,"12,11" and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH.  Dropped us. I screamed  loud, but all the pressure of the air coming past you , makes it where you can't scream as good. I have never had such a rush in my life, and probably will never again. It was horrifying! You don't know how overjoyed I was for my feet to touch the ground after the ride was over! If you plan on doing some scary rides at Six Flags...I recommend doing this one FIRST, because you feel as if you can conquer anything! Dad also did this one and the look on his face was so red I couldn't describe it. Even he said that was the biggest rush of his life and now he felt like he could do anything.

MINING CART
(Roller coaster)

The mining cart is meant for little children, but this is your first time being to Six Flags...and you're freaked out about every little thing. Next...we tried the mining cart. DLF has done every ride their, so she said, 'Oh, it's just a little kid 'baby' ride." Ok, DLF. Whatever you say. The wait was probably about 20 minutes...not bad. We got on the train and it started to go. Fun. A little excitement. Fresh air. Ahhhhhh. The speed picked up and I screamed a little as went around a sharp turn. "Elsie! Come on." DLF said laughing. 'Baby ride' Ha! The speed picked up and we went around shard turns again and again. Then...DLF exclaimed,"It's the scary part!" Scary? No way. This whole thing is scary. The car went into a dark tunnel and turned VERY sharp. I screamed as loud as I possibly could scream in DLF's ear. I giggle thinking about it! We then got out at the stop and I was shaky. yes, a little kid ride. It wasn't that bad. Was it? No. It was fine. 


SCREAM MACHINE

We wanted to do the "old timey cars" but all of them were broke down, so we decided that the "Scream machine" would be our next approach. This was really a thrill, and I think the oldest, most rickety roller coaster there. The wait was only about 25 minutes. Now we got into our seats. Me and DLF in one and her brothers behind us. It started out slow, but then once we got to the hill, "whhhooooossshhhh!" You are swept almost straight down and thrown all over the place. The turns are sharp, and I really couldn't handle it. Halfway through, I went limp. I guess I decided to not move at all and just stay motionless throughout the ride. I may have even blacked out, but don't remember. I do remember DLF saying, "Oh my goodness! Elsie!!! Did you pass out?" "I don't know," is all I could say. I heard her telling her brother she thought I had passed out, but I'm not sure if I did or not. Soon the ride slowed down and I weakly and wobbled with them over to the next ride. "Superman".


Superman 
(very exciting, scary, and breath taking and my personal FAVORITE!!!)

Next we decided Superman was next. I made a promise to my brothers to try it out, but I hadn't imagined this. When you get onto the ride, you sit down, and then the seats go backwards and up, you really feel like your flying. The wait was about an hour and 20 minutes. Standing in line was the only thing that bothered me...so far. Listening to some people using foul language and talking about things I could barely stand listening to. DLF's older sister (we'll call her ummmm....Blondie) was hesitant about riding this one, since she had only done it once...but we talked her into it.
We were about to get into our seats when 3 people...who (we think) came out of NOWHERE dropped down into our seats. Blondie was furious. We all were. "They just got off the ride," Blondie said. "I saw them!" I shrugged my shoulders. DLF almost said something to the employee when I jumped in. "It's fine DLF. Let it go. We can wait one more time." And so we did. I knew those people would get kicked out of the park, and we noticed they didn't have flashpasses, but oh well. I didn't want to ruin their day, just because they did something they shouldn't have. We all make mistakes. 

We got into our seats,on the next round
and since only 3 of us rode, their was an extra seat which me gladly gave to another teen behind us. DLF warned him that he's probably be deaf by the time we got done because two of us would scream our heads off, and she was right. The ride started going and I said, "I don't know DLF. This looks scary." "Too late now Elsie! No going back now!" Now the ride was about to go upsidedownish. LOL. It doesn't exactly go upside down, but it sure feels like it! Down we went and I promised DLF I wouldn't close my eyes...and I didn't. I just screamed at the end when you literally go about 3 feet close to the ground. I screamed right in DLF's ear, "get me off this thing" over and over. "There's nothing I can do about it!" She screamed back.
Yeah, she's right. Nothing anyone could do about it.


THE REST OF THE DAY

We had a yummy lunch at like 3:00 p.m. due to the Superman wait, but other than this, everyone was happy. 


We spent the rest of the day until 5:00 swimming in the wave pool. Lots of fun! But extremely crowded. I am serious...there were literally 500 people in that pool! And it was hard to move around without bumping into someone. Then we re-dressed and headed home. :) It was a lot of fun and I think it would make a great family fun day!  
I have tried adding pictures to this blog post, but sometimes it's hard to upload them...so in that case, we'll get some pics on here later! xD






2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time Elsie. You did a great job on you first blog entry. Looking forward to reading more from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete