Us

Us

Monday, August 11, 2014

Tackling the 8 Armed Octopus

Yep, now I'm Octo-mom....8 children clinging to me with every tentacle....lol. Everyone has been asking how I'm handling the new addition to the brood and all is going well. He's now a month old....where does time go?! The baby has such a sweet temperament and sleeps way better than Little Young did at this age. I'm still up 3-5x a night, but hey, this is motherhood and I'm happy. Before I know it this chapter in my life will be over and I'll have to wait A LONG TIME (to any of my children reading this) before I get to rock grandchildren.

We started back to school last week, so my sanity was a little shaky, but we're nailing out a schedule pretty well. This is the first year we've tried "Switched on Schoolhouse" for math. So far I feel like there isn't enough practice on a skill before quizzes, but only time will tell if we like it. Elsie is now in high school (at home). It doesn't seem possible. She's such a sweet girl......so excited about life....I can't wait to see what she does with hers.

We also celebrated our 15th wedding Anniversary by going to a bed and breakfast in Blue Ridge, Ga. That was so fun. I'll do a  separate blog post for that.

And most recently, we started the "whole30" detox/diet. You can search online for more info, but you eliminate all sweeteners, grains, dairy, legumes, soy ....almost everything (that's what Buck says) from your diet for 30 days. We are only eating: meat, veggies, fruits, some nuts, and coconut/olive oil. In turn your body detoxes and reboots. I'm really enjoying it...just knowing I'm doing something good for my body. Buck is enjoying it.....not so much. He eats a ton of sugar, so he has been going through withdrawals, but today he's doing much better. I hope to have time to blog about this journey, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment